Before start using Ion Campus consider a general scenario of typical school of class 1 to 12th, each classes have sections like Section A, Section B. There will various subjects for different classes like some subjects are theory and some are practical. Exams are created using these subjects and classes. Students enter in classes by new admission or promoted by their previous class after successful passing of previous class. During course of student we will charge fees to students and collecting them at monthly or one time basis. We like to record attendance of our students. Our school may be providing transport facility to student. Our school have library for students have to maintain books inventory. Our school have hostels and providing hostel facility to our students. Obviously our school has teachers to teach and manage students. We like to communicate our teachers, students and parents. We like to record all the expenses done in our school like miscellaneous bills, salary payments etc. After everything we like to analyze various reports based on our school. If you are using Ion campus for a training Centre then may be you like to admit students in two classes, for this you should use multi class feature where you can admit a single student in two classes simultaneously.
Apart from above we also like to provide access to our Ion campus to other users like Teachers, Accountants, Librarians, Students and their Parent. For these Ion campus have 8 inbuilt user’s roles- Super Admin, Admin, Teacher, Accountant, Librarian, Receptionist, Student and Parent. Virtually you can create unlimited number of user roles for staff members.
Admin Panel consist 28 modules listed below:
1. Front Office – for all reception/front office related activities like enquiries, calls, visitors, postal receive/dispatch
2. Student Information – for all the information related to student like student profile, student admission, student history
3. Fees Collection – for all the details related to student fees collection, fees master creation, fees dues, fees reports
4. Income – for all the income other than fees collection can be manage here like add income, search income, income head
5. Expenses – for all the expenses related to school can be manage here like add expenses, search expenses, expense head
6. Attendance – for managing student attendance and attendance report
7. Examinations – for managing all the exams conducted by school like create exam, schedule exam, exam marks entry, marks grade
8. Online Examinations – for managing online exams conducted by school
9. Lesson Plan – for managing subject status and lesson plan
10. Academics – for managing all the parameters / master data required to run school like classes, sections, subjects, assign teachers, class timetable, promote student to upper class
11. Human Resource – for all the information related to staff members can be manage here like staff search, profile, attendance, payroll, leaves
12. Communicate – it works like a notice board basically a messaging system for communication to students, parents and teachers
13. Download Center – for managing downloadable documents like assignments, study material, syllabus and other documents need to distribute students and teachers
14. Zoom Live Classes – Zoom live classes for students and live meetings for staff. Its addon extension and should be purchased separately
15. Gmeet Live Classes – Gmeet live classes for students and live meetings for staff. Its addon extension and should be purchased separately
16. Homework – teachers can give homework here and further evaluate them
17. Library – all the books in your library can be manage here
18. Inventory – manage all the assets of your school with stocks and store under inventory module
19. Transport – for managing transportation service like routes and their fares
20. Hostel – for managing hostels, hostel rooms and their fares
21. Certificate – design and generate student certificate and ID Card here
22. Front CMS – manage front public site of Ion campus here by creating pages, menus, events, gallery, news
23. Alumni – for managing all pass out students or alumni records and events
24. Reports – all the various reports related to different modules can be found here
25. System Settings – configure Ion campus here for different settings like school, sessions, SMS, Payment, backup / restore, languages
26. Calendar & ToDo List – track and manage all daily/monthly activities and create your task in todo list
27. Chat – chat for two way messaging staff and students
28. One Click Updater – to install new in system
Steps to setup your school:
1. In the Admin panel go to System Settings > General Setting in upper right side click on Edit button to update your school data.
2. Update your School Name, School Code (School Code is your school affiliation / accreditation no), Address, Phone, Email (for remaining settings please check System Settings section) now click on Save button to update record.
3. For updating your school print logo go to System Settings > General Setting in lower left side click on Edit Print Logo button (it is recommended for logo to use .png image with transparent or white background and around 200px x 200px in size). Now drag and drop or select your logo file. By clicking on Edit Admin Logo and Edit Admin Small Logo you can set logo for admin panel. Edit App Logo to set logo for mobile app.
4. For automated SMS messaging add any one of available SMS Gateway with the required details from System Settings > SMS Setting.
5. To enabling online payment in Parent Panel and Student Panel update your payment gateway account details for this, go to System Settings > Payment Methods select your appropriate payment gateway and add you payment gateway account details then click on save button and enable it from right side box.
6. For updating Header image and Footer content of Fees Receipt and Payslip go to System Settings > Print Header Footer, then drag and drop or select your Header Image and enter Footer Content and then click save it. You can update Header image and Footer content for both Fees Receipt and Payslip by switching tab from top right corner of the page.
7. At this point we have completed basic setup of our school. Now we will add our academics in Ion campus like Classes, Sections, Subjects, Teachers.
8. For adding classes go to Academics > Classes, before adding classes first add Sections from Academics > Sections. Select Sections comes under a Class when you adding a Class. Classes can be add from left side Add Class form and added classes can be see right side Class List. Add all classes running in your school here.
9. For adding sections go to Academics > Sections, Sections can be add from left side Add Section form and added section can be see right side Section List. Add all section name used in your school here e.g. Class 1 has 3 sections A, B, C and Class 2 has only A, B sections then we will add 3 sections A, B, C here. After adding sections, select section comes in a Class when you adding Classes
10. For adding Teachers go to Human Resource > Staff Directory, Teachers can be add from top right corner Add Staff button. At this page you can add any staff by selecting its role. If we are creating teacher then we should select role (Teacher) and designation.
11. For adding subjects go to Academics > Subjects, Subjects can be add from left side Add Subject form and added subjects can be see right side Subject List. Add all subjects including theory and practical in your school here. Subjects can be assign through Subject Groups to their classes in next step.
12. For assigning subjects to their classes go to Academics > Subject Group enter Subject Group then select Class and Section then select all subjects you want to include in this class and section as group now click on Save.
Image Upload Not Working In Media Manager
If you are uploading image or any file in Front CMS > Media Manager and its not uploading and nothing happened then please check your hosting phpinfo details for fileinfo extension is enabled/installed on your hosting server. If fileinfo extension missing on your server then contact your hosting provider for enabling/installing fileinfo extension on your server. Due to missing fileinfo extension Ion campus media manager is unable to retrieve uploaded file extension hence images are not being uploaded. Fileinfo is very common extension and present almost all popular hosting.
Logo Is Not Updating
After updating logo if you are still seeing old logo then clear your browser cache to see updated logo. To clear browser cache in Chrome browser use keyboard button combination Ctrl + Shift + r or go to setting to clear your browser cache.
Avoid using special character
I can’t see the online admission payment link (page) from where student can pay online?
After submit Online Admission form review Online Admission form page will show where edit and make payment button are available. Please make sure that you have not logged in from admin panel same time from same browser while filling Online Admission form otherwise edit form and pay button will not show.
1. How to manage attendance type?
The Attendance module is designed to help teachers easily mark student attendance during class. It’s difficult for the teacher and the class to build their skills and progress if a large number of students are frequently absent. The biometric attendance device is used for only day wise attendance at Ion campus and check in and check out by the students.
Attendance module workflow: In ion campus, we can use two types of attendance (Attendance and Biometric Attendance). You can run any type at time attendance day wise and period wise and attendance type can be select from System Settings > General Settings. In Attendance Type here select the any one attendance type Day Wise or Period Wise and click on Save button.
2. About ID Auto Generation
ID auto generation refers to the process of automatically creating a unique identifier for a piece of data or record. This can be done through various methods, such as using a database’s built-in auto-incrementing feature, or by generating a random alphanumeric string. The purpose of an auto-generated ID is to ensure that each record in a database has a unique identifier, which can be used to easily retrieve and manage the data.
Student Admission No. Auto Generation
To set Student Admission Number automatically go to System Settings > General Setting > ID Auto Generation and change Admission No from Disabled to Enable.
To set values for Student Admission No. Auto Generation here it is recommend to set prefix any alphabet character like SA and if you select Admission No Digit as 4 so you must set Admission Start From value of 4 digit like 1000 or 1001 otherwise it will show error. Also make sure auto generated admission no. will not conflict in future with any existing admission no. (with manually entered Admission No. value).
If you keep this mode enabled, than you do not need to manually generate the admission number, it will generate automatically. To Generate Admission No Automatically you have to fill the Admission No. Prefix, Admission No. Digit and Admission Start From and click on save button, your student admission no. auto generation will be active.
Staff ID Auto Generation
To set Staff ID Number automatically go to System Settings > General Setting > ID Auto Generation and set Auto Staff ID from Disabled to Enable.
To set values for Staff ID No. Auto Generation here it is recommend to set prefix any alphabet character like SI and if you select Staff ID No Digit as 4 so you must set ID Start From value of 4 digit like 1000 or 1001 otherwise it will show error. Also make sure auto generated Staff ID no. will not conflict in future with any existing Staff ID no. (with manually entered Staff ID No. value).
If you keep this mode enabled, than you do not need to manually generate the staff id, it will generate automatically. To Generate Staff ID Auto Generation you have to fill the Staff ID Prefix, Staff No. Digit and Staff ID Start From and click on save button, your Staff ID Auto Generation will be active.
3. How to Update Logo?
To Update logo go to System Setting > General Setting > Logo, here you can update Print Logo, Admin Logo, Admin Small Logo, App Logo. You can update your logo in Print Logo, Update by clicking on the “Update” button in the right below. The “Edit Logo” modal will open, and you can now select the image that you want to update. Your print logo will be updated.
You can update your logo in Admin Logo Update by clicking on the “Update” button in the right below. The “Edit Logo” modal will open, and you can now select the image that you want to update. Your admin logo will be updated.
You can update your logo in Admin Small Logo Update by clicking on the “Update” button in the right below. The “Edit Logo” modal will open, and you can now select the image that you want to update. Your admin small logo will be updated.
You can update your logo in App Logo Update by clicking on the “Update” button in the right below. The “Edit Logo” modal will open, and you can now select the image that you want to update. Your app logo will be updated.
4. How to change login page background?
To change the background of the Admin Login Panel and User Login Panel, go to the side menu bar and select System Settings > General Settings; in the general settings, you can see the third option, “Login Page Background.”
In this feature, you can change the background of the login Admin Panel as well as the User Panel. You just need to click on the Update button for the login background image you want to change, and the admin or user login page background model will be opened. Now choose the relevant image for the background, and your admin and user panel backgrounds will be successfully changed.
5. How to manage backend theme?
To change the backend theme, go to System Settings > General Settings > Backend Theme. Here you can see the multiple theme option available as White, Default, Red, Blue and Gary theme, choose one of them then click on save button.
You can keep your preferred backend theme for your ion campus by clicking on the theme and it will show “enabled.” After you click on the “Save” button, your backend theme has been successfully changed.
6. How to manage student / guardian panel?
User Login Option
To access the User Login Option for students and parents, go to System Settings > General Settings. Then, click on the student/guardian panel. Here, in first, you can see the user login option.
By using user login option, you can manage both the student and parent logins. All you need to do is check or uncheck the box next to the student and parent options.
If the student login checkbox is checked, the student will be able to log in to their panel, but if the parent login checkbox is unchecked, the parent will not be able to log in to their panel.
On the other hand, if the student login checkbox is unchecked, the login page will disappear for both the student and the parent and they will not be able to log in to their respective panels. In summary, if a parent wants to log in to their panel, the student must have login permission.
Additional Username Option for Student Login
In the Additional Username Option for Student Login, students can login with their admission number, mobile number, as well as email, with permission from the superadmin, by checking the checkboxes for admission number, mobile number, and email.
Additional Username Option for Parent Login
In the Additional Username Option for Parent Login, parents can log in with their mobile number and email if the superadmin grants permission by checking the corresponding checkboxes for mobile number and email.
Allow Student To Add Timeline
In last option, you can see the Allow Student To Add Time available, now with the help of this permission you can Enabled and Disabled the timeline permission for the student. When you enable timeline permissions for students, the ‘Add’ option appears in the student panel, allowing students to add, edit, and delete their timeline.
When you disable timeline permissions for students, the ‘Add’ option disappears in the student panel and not allowing students to add their timeline.
Note:- Overall, students can only edit and delete timelines that they have added themselves. They are unable to edit or delete timelines that have been added by the super admin.
7. How to manage fees settings?
Offline Bank Payment In Student Panel: For offline bank payment in the student panel, go to System Setting > General Setting, then Fees. Here you can Disabled or Enabled offline bank payment in the Student Panel. When you Enabled Offline Bank Payment In Student Panel permission, the Offline Bank Payment tab will appears in the student panel, allowing students to pay their fees by offline mode.
When you Disabled Offline Bank Payment In Student Panel permission, the Offline Bank Payment tab will disappears in the student panel and not allowing students to pay their fees by offline mode.
Offline Bank Payment Instruction: In fees, you can see offline bank payment instruction option available.
When you keeps the above Offline Bank Payment In Student Panel permission enabled, You can give the Instruction as offline modes of payment are cash, DD, Online and Cheques then click on Save button so that it will appear in Offline Bank Payment. First you need to fill the instruction in the box and click on save button. After click on save button, this instruction will be displayed in student side.
For check this instruction, go to Student Panel > Fees, now click on Pay so that online payment and offline payment drop down option available, now click on offline payment option. After click on Offline Payment option, Offline Bank Payment page will be open, here you can see the set instruction.
Lock Student Panel If Fees Remaining: Here you can Disabled or Enabled the Lock Student Panel If Fees Remaining. when you disable the lock student panel if fees remaining so student profile will not be disable and student can access their panel. When “Lock Student Panel If Fees Remain” is enabled, Fees Payment Grace Period Days tab will be appear in below, here fill the grace period for fees payment.
If you do not submit the fees during the grace period, the student or parent’s profile will be disabled once the grace period is over. Only the fees page will be accessible when the student panel is opened.
Print Fees Receipt For: In the ‘Print Fees Receipt’ section, you can find options to print the Office Copy, Student Copy, and Bank Copy. Using these options, you can manage the printing of fees receipts based on the permissions granted by the super admin. When you select only the checkbox for ‘Office Copy’, leaving the others unchecked, you will only get a print of the Office Copy. When you select the checkboxes for both ‘Office Copy’ and ‘Student Copy’, you will get a print of both the Office Copy and Student Copy.
Finally, when you select all three checkboxes for ‘Office Copy’, ‘Student Copy’, and ‘Bank Copy’, you will get prints of all three copies.
Carry Forward Fees Due Days: To set Carry Forward Fees Due Days, the number of days which you enter here due date will be exceed from current date. Simply fill the days in box and click on the save button.
Single Page Fees Print: When you keep single-page fees printing disabled, you will get separate print receipts for office copy, student copy, and bank copy. If you keep single-page printing enabled, you will get a single-page print of office copy, student copy, and bank copy.
Note: Whether you manage the single page fees to print disabled or enabled, you must select from print fees receipt for at least one of the following options: office copy, student copy or bank copy.
Collect Fees In Back Date: In Collect Fees In Back Date, now click on Disabled or Enabled to manage the fees collection of back date and click on Save button. You will be unable to collect students’ back date fees if you keep the option to collect fees for back dates disabled.
To check, go to Fees Collection > Collect Fees; here, choose Class, Section, or Search By Keyword, then click the Search button, the student list will appear. Now select the student for whom you want to collect fees for back dates and click on “Collect Fees.” Now, click on the Add Fees + icon; the collect fees model will open, now, click on the date section; the calendar will open; you can see that the back dates are disabled in this calendar. You will be able to collect students’ back date fees if you keep the option to collect fees for back dates enabled.
To check, go to Fees Collection > Collect Fees; here, choose class, section, or search by keyword; then click the Search button; the student list will appear. Now select the student for whom you want to collect fees for back dates and click on “Collect Fees.” Click on the Add Fees + icon to open the Collect Fees model; now, click on the date section to open the calendar, you can see that the back dates are enabled in this calendar and with the help of this you can collect the student back date fees.
8. How to manage maintenance?
For maintenance, go to System Setting > General Setting, then Maintenance. Here you can disabled or enabled maintenance mode.
When you keep disabled the maintenance mode, student’s can login their panel.
When you Enabled maintenance mode and click the Save button. The student login page will no longer function, instead, it will display Site Under Maintenance.
9. How to manage miscellaneous?
Show Me Only My Question: To show only my questions, go to System Settings > General Settings. Under Miscellaneous, you will find the ‘Show Only My Questions’ setting.Enabled this setting allows a teacher to hide their own questions, preventing other teachers from seeing them.
When ‘Show Only My Questions‘ is disabled, other teachers can view these questions which you have added.
Note – If the ‘Show Only My Questions‘ option is enabled and the Teacher Restricted Mode is disabled, then the teacher can only view the list of questions they have added. If the Teacher Restricted Mode is enabled, and the ‘Show Only My Questions’ option is enabled/disabled, then the teacher can only add/see the questions list of the class in which they are assigned as the class teacher or subject teacher.
Teacher Restricted Mode: When ‘Teacher Restricted Mode’ setting is disabled, teachers can access all student data. However, when ‘Teacher Restricted Mode‘ is enabled, they can only see student data related to their assigned class, section, or subject.
Superadmin Visibility: To superadmin visibility, go to System Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous. Here you can see the option of Superadmin Visibility. With the help of this superadmin can disable or enable his visibility. In superadmin visibility setting, superadmin can show and hide his / her name in any smart school module where name of superadmin displaying.
To Enable the visibility of the superadmin, click on the Enable button, then click on the Save button then other users will be able to see superadmin name.
To Disable the visibility of the superadmin, click on the Disable button, then click on the Save button then other users will be not be able to see superadmin name.
Event Reminder: Event reminders are notifications that you can set up to remind you of upcoming events or tasks in your calendar. These reminders can help ensure that you don’t miss important appointments or deadlines, and can be especially useful for individuals with busy schedules. To Event Reminder, go to System setting > General Setting > Miscellaneous, here you can Disabled or Enabled, the Event Reminder.
If you set the event reminder to Disabled, user will not receive any reminders. When you Enable an event reminder, the ‘Calendar Event Reminder Before Days’ field will automatically appear, allowing you to specify the number of days before the event that you wish to receive the reminder and click on Save button.
If you set the ‘Calendar Event Reminder Before Days‘ field to 0, user will receive a reminder on the day of the event. If you set it to 1, they will receive a reminder one day before the event, and if you set it to 2, they will receive a reminder two days before the event. You can set the reminder according to your convenience.
Once you’ve set up your reminders, you should start receiving notifications according to your chosen settings. It’s important to make sure your device is set up to receive notifications from your calendar application, and that your notification settings are properly configured. This will ensure that you receive your reminders on time and don’t miss any important events.
Staff Apply Leave Notification Email: To view the staff apply leave notification email, go to System Setting > General Setting > Miscellaneous. Here you can view the Staff Apply Leave Notification Email.
A staff apply leave notification email is a message sent by a staff member to their authorized person in your Ion Campus who will have authority to approve, disapprove, or pending the leaves, so the email addresses of those whose work relates to approve, disapprove, or pending the leaves must be filled in the staff apply leave notification email.
10. How to manage General Setting?
Go to the side menu bar and select System Settings > General Settings to view the various field settings such as General Setting, Academic Session, Date Time, Currency and File Upload Path. In General Setting field, you can set the school details such as School Name, School Code (Is your affiliation and accreditation no), Address, Phone, and Email.
In Academic Session, you can see Session, and Session Start Month option. With the help of Session, (current running academic session for the school) you can set the current session, and with Session Start Month, you can keep the month in which your school’s new session month will start.
In Date Time, you can maintain the Date Format, when you click on the date format tab, a drop-down menu will be open where you can see multiple options for date format, just select one and save, the date format will be changed, the same is true for the Time Zone, just select the preferred time zone and save, the time zone will be updated, and in Start Day of Week, you can choose the preferred day where the week will start.
In Currency, when you click on the “Currency Format” tab, you will get the multiple option of “Currency Format.” Just select and save, and your currency format will be changed.
You can set the Base URL of your Ion Campus as well as the File Upload Path here, with the help of this, you can find the files where they are saving in your Ion Campus, then click on the Save button.
11. How to manage Session Setting?
To manage school academics session you can add session from System Settings > Session Setting here enter Session and then click on Save button. You can view this added record in the Session List on the right side of the page.
To edit session click on Edit icon and to delete session click on Delete icon present in the session list. Now to active school current session click on edit icon (show on mouse over) present at top of the left side menus. After click on it will open a pop up window where you will see all added sessions. To set your school current session click on drop down button, select session and then click on Save button.
12. How to manage Notification Setting?
To manage notification setting, go to System Setting > Notification Setting. There are 29 events like Student Admission, Exam Result, Fee Submission, Absent Attendance, Homework, Fees Reminder, Forget Password, Online Examination Publish Exam, Online Examination Publish Result, Zoom Live Classes, Zoom Live Meetings, Gmeet Live Meeting, Gmeet Live Classes, Gmeet Live Meeting Start, Gmeet Live Classes Start, Zoom Live Classes Start, Zoom Live Meetings Start, Online Admission Form Submission, Online Admission Fess Submission, Online Course Publish, Online Course Purchase, Student Login Credential, Staff Login Credential, Fee Processing, Online Admission Fees Processing, Student Apply Leave, Email PDF Exam Mark sheet, Online Course Purchase For Guest User and Online Course Guest User Sign Up. In Notification Setting automated Email / SMS are sending to concerning person’s Email / SMS / Mobile number. With the help of notification setting you can manage Destination and Recipient which notifications to send in which Event and select the check box and then click on save button.
Here we are describing that who will receive event notification (Email/SMS/Mobile App notification)-
Student Admission: Student, Guardian
Exam Result: Student, Guardian
Fees Submission: Guardian, Student
Absent Attendance: Guardian, Student
Homework: Student, Guardian
Fees Reminder: Student, Guardian
Forgot Password: Student, Guardian and Staff
Online examination publish exam: Student, Guardian
Online examination publish result: Student, Guardian
Zoom Live Classes: Student, Guardian
Zoom Live Meetings: Staff
Gmeet Live Meeting: Staff
Gmeet Live Classes: Student, Guardian
Gmeet live Meeting Start: Staff
Gmeet Live Classes Start: Student, Guardian
Zoom Live Classes Start: Student, Guardian
Zoom Live Meetings Start: Staff
Online Admission Form Submission: Student, Guardian
Online Admission Fees Submission: Student, Guardian
Online Course Publish: Student, Guardian
Online Course Purchase: Student, Guardian
Student Login Credential: Student, Guardian
Staff Login Credential: Staff
Fee Processing: Student, Guardian
Online Admission Fees Processing: Student, Guardian
Student Apply Leave: Guardian, Staff
Email PDF Exam Mark sheet: Student, Guardian
Online Course Purchase For Guest User: Student
Online Course Guest User Sign Up: Student
To edit sample message click on Edit icon present in the sample message column, at click of this icon a modal will be open. Here enter Subject, Template ID (here Template ID is your DLT template registration ID which is used only in Indian SMS gateway), Template and then click on Save button.
Note– If you are using any Indian SMS gateway then your template content must be match with your DLT registered template content.
13. How to manage SMS Setting?
To manage SMS setting, go to System Settings > SMS Setting then select any SMS gateway from top of the page which you want to enable on your Ion Campus then enter Auth Key, Sender Id and select Status and then click on Save button. Here we are providing 11 SMS Gateway namely Clickatell SMS Gateway, Twilio SMS Gateway, MSG91, Text Local, SMS Country, Bulk SMS, Mobi Reach, Nexmo, AfricasTalking, SMS Egypt, Custom SMS Gateway in our Ion Campus.
Custom SMS Gateway: In Ion Campus you can integrate any https based SMS Gateway using our Custom SMS library. Please contact to support to get Custom SMS Gateway integration guide. Here enter Gateway Name, select Status (Enabled/Disabled) and then click on Save button.
Follow same procedure to SMS gateway for Clickatell SMS Gateway, Twilio SMS Gateway, Text Local and SMS Country.